Sunday 22 February 2015

Coigach and beyond

By the time I met Tim (and Kieran the dog) on Wednesday a lot of the previous week's snow had disappeared, requiring some changes of plan, and so we set off for Achnasheen and Fionn Bheinn. The plan was to slog up Creachan nan Laogh to the east ridge before dropping down north into the Toll Mor and contouring round then attempting a Grade II climb up to the summit. 

There was plenty of snow in this north facing corrie, temperatures had dropped and the wind had picked up. The climb was not too long but for me it was quite challenging and I was glad Tim decided to belay me. The slope got much steeper as we neared the cornice and it was with some relief that I hauled myself over the edge before belaying Tim back down to collect a nervous Kiera.

Very snowy conditions on the summit but pretty soon we descended below the snow line to pick up the car and drive to Coigach after a really enjoyable day.

No comments:

Post a Comment