Monday 29 July 2019

Corbett bagging 2

This trip the weather was getting hotter by the day and on Thursday my temperature gauge was showing 28 degrees as I drove up one of my favourite glens - Strathfarrar - with the intention to climb An Sidhean on the north side of Loch Monar, starting from the dam. It's a great path round the lochside and another good stalkers path leads up the lower slopes of the hill to about 500m. From there, though steep at first, it was good walking up the broad ridge and across the summit plateau to the top. A breeze was blowing here which kept at least some of the clegs away and I took quite a long time at the cairn, drinking in the views. As in previous days, I had the place entirely to myself and it was hard to tear myself away and make tracks back to Loch Monar in the increasing heat.
Looking west along Loch Monar

The Mullardoch hills

An Sidhean

No comments:

Post a Comment